Knowledgebase: Payment Gateways
Why do I get the error "Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long" using paypal
Posted by Steve Naqvi on 11 November 2009 04:26 PM
This is NOT an issue with IXXO Cart but with the ssl certificate installed on your server.|
Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long -
This usually means the implementation of SSL on your server is not correct. The error is usually caused by a server side problem which the server administrator will need to investigate.
Below are some things we recommend trying.
- Ensure that port 443 is open and enabled on your server. This is the standard port for https communications.
- If SSL is using a non-standard port then FireFox 3 can sometimes give this error. Ensure SSL is running on port 443.
- If using Apache2 check that you are using port 443 for SSL. This can be done by setting the ports.conf file as follows
— clip —
Listen 443 https
— clip —
- Make sure you do not have more than one SSL certificate sharing the same IP. Please ensure that all SSL certificates utilize their own dedicated IP.
- If using Apache2 check your vhost config. Some users have reported changing <VirtualHost> to _default_ resolved the error.